1. Opening Microsoft Word and Creating Your Document
- Launch Microsoft Word on your computer. If the document you want to convert hasn’t been created yet, follow these guidelines to create it:
- Generate a table within your document by clicking the Insert tab, selecting Table, clicking Insert Table, and specifying the number of columns and rows.
- Input the data you intend to convert into the table.
2. Selecting the Data for Conversion
- Navigate to the Home tab and select the data you want to convert. You can choose an entire row or column by clicking its heading. To select a cell range, click the first cell, hold Shift, and click the last cell in the range.
- Copying the Chosen Data
- Copy the selected data by pressing Ctrl+C.
3. Accessing Microsoft Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel on your computer. If you haven't created the workbook to paste the data into, create it now.
4. Choosing the Cell for Data Paste
- Click on the specific cell where you want to paste the data, typically the upper-left corner of the worksheet.
5. Pasting the Data
- Paste the data into the selected cell by pressing Ctrl+V.
6. Saving the Workbook
- Click on the File tab, select Save As, name the workbook, and then save it. If you want to save the workbook in a different file format, choose the desired format from the Save As drop-down menu and then save it.